Murray MW006Constructed in Manganese bronze of a robust design these winches also feature the Murray Top Cleat, mounted on the drum and eliminating the need for a separate cleat on the mast or coaming. Drums on all winches are designed to avoid overriding turns, but use of a fairlead eliminated this possibility entirely. All winches are reversible by simple changing pawl direction, and are sold complete with handle.
A very special winch. Designed originally as halyard winches for a 108' four-masted training ship. A massive main sheet winch in special applications or the perfect large boat halyard winch.
1. Weight 7.4kgs (15 5/12lbs)
2. Minimum drum diameter 108mm (4 1/3"). Base diameter 178mm (7")
3. Drum height 70mm (2 3/4"). Overall height 140mm (5 1/2")
4. Mechanical advantage 9 to 1
5. Handle radius 446mm (17 1/2")